Before performing at Levi’s pre-Grammy party, the singer tells THR where he keeps his Grammy, what’s planned for his next album and why he signed with Lady Gaga’s former manager.
Miguel‘s Grammy is still in a box. The singer earned the statue last year for Best R&B Song for his single “Adorn,” off his 2012 album Kaleidoscope Dream, and he hasn’t quite figured out what do with it yet. (Read More…)
Miguel, who is up for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (“Power Trip” with J. Cole) & Best R&B Performance (“How Many Drinks?” with Kendrick Lamar), will be presenting at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards this Sunday, January 26, on CBS. Make sure to tune in to see if he wins!
Unless youâ€™re asexual (or Keri Hilson), itâ€™s impossible to hear BeyoncĂ©â€™s â€śRocketâ€ť and not feel an intense urge to invite your guy/gal/cutty buddy over to do the no-pants dance. And according to the songâ€™s author, the song was written with that in mind.
Miguel, who penned Beyâ€™s 2013 update to Dâ€™Angeloâ€™s rhetorical classic â€śUntitled (How Does It Feel),â€ť says he was challenged by Mrs. Carter to push the envelope with some of her most risquĂ© lyrics yet. (Read More…)
Miguel is set to debut a new song called “simplethings” on the second volume of the ‘Girls’ soundtrack. Check out the tracklist below:
1. Vampire Weekend â€“ â€śIâ€™m Going Downâ€ť
2. Jenny Lewis â€“ â€śCompletely Not Meâ€ť *
3. M Ward â€“ â€śI Get Ideasâ€ť
4. Lily Allen â€“ â€śLate Comerâ€ť
5. Beck â€“ â€śBlue Moonâ€ť
6. Miguel â€“ â€śsimplethingsâ€ť *
7. Christina Perri â€“ â€śI Donâ€™t Wanna Breakâ€ť
8. Oasis â€“ â€śWonderwallâ€ť
9. Zero DeZire â€“ â€śItâ€™s My Birthday (Remix)â€ť *
10. Aimee Mann â€“ â€śHow Am I Differentâ€ť
11. Father John Misty â€“ â€śNancy From Now Onâ€ť
12. Jake Bugg â€“ â€śThereâ€™s A Beast And We All Feed Itâ€ť
13. Cat Power â€“ â€śFree (Gigamesh Remix)â€ť *
14. Daniel Johnston â€“ â€śLife In Vain (Live At Austin City Limits)â€ť
15. Michael Penn â€“ â€śDaisy (From One Manâ€™s Trash)â€ť *
* EXCLUSIVE NEW TRACK
The soundtrack will be available on February 11th.
Few people expected Miguel‘s song “Adorn” would be such a sleeper hit. But in 2012, it surpassed the one million mark in sales, and received a Grammy in the process. That unexpected rise to the spotlight allowed Miguel to snag loads of year-end honors, including one of the best reviewed records of last year. (Read More…)